Here are the seven most common “I Wish” statements that I’ve heard expressed by children over the last 16 or 17 years. Two of them my daughter expressed directly to me.
Kids wish …
- parents would try to learn a lot more about computers in particular and technology in general.
- parents, and mom’s especially, would stop saying they don’t know much about technology.
- parents would not use Blackberries and phones at sports games.
- parents would learn to play some of the kids’ online games.
- parents understood more about helping with searches on the Internet.
- parents would understand how hard it is to learn the technology rules and regulations and not always threaten to take away technology access when there’s a problem.
- parents did not automatically say that new things like Wikipedia are questionable.
To learn a bit more read, 4 Lessons for Parents in a Constantly Connected World, over at the Mashable site.