I am drawing from my 30 pages of actual handwritten notes (handwritten because the seats were not a comfortable height for me to use my iPad).
In the Digital World
- Six billion people have access to a cell phone in today’s world — more than have access to clean toilets.
- The enemy of empowerment is fear and lack of expertise.
- Be the change that you want to see in the world. (a Gandhi quote)
- Children are using the Internet at younger and younger ages.
- Surveillance does not create safety — only the illusion of safety.
- Think less about digital citizenship. The Internet is a huge part of life and we are citizens on and offline.
- Digital world communication often eliminates a person’s visual and aural signals setting the scene for misunderstanding.