Most Recent School Presentation
— Parents at The Gilman School – October 2015
Most Recent Conference Presentation
— Parents Are 21st Century Learners, Too, Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools, October 10, 2014 —
Schools or Conferences Where I’ve Presented to Parents or Teachers
- The Odyssey School – April 2015
- Bryn Mawr School Parent Technology Night – October 2014
- Parents Are 21st Century Learners, Too, Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools, October 2014
- Calvert School, November 2013 – Parents and Teachers
- Green Acres School, January 2014
- Siena School, March 2014
- Bryn Mawr School Presentation – January 2013 and April 2014
- Parents Are 21st Century Learners, Too National Association of Independent Schools – February 2013 (with Renee Hawkins, Larry Kahn, & Vinnie Vrotny)
- Presentations from Past Years
- Bullis School
- The Gordon School – Teachers
- Capital Hill Day School
(All others are listed in chronological order.)
- Family Online Safety Institute (FOSI) Annual Conference – November 2014
- Read my post, Family Online Safety Institute Conference 2014: Lots to Learn
- Check out all of my digital parenting posts @ FOSI.
- Constructing Modern Knowledge Conference – July 2014 – Read my two posts
- AIMS Technology Retreat – May 2014
- “Class-on-a-blog” concentrating on family blogging, summer 2011 — I taught it by setting up Start a Family Blog and using it to teach the lessons to parents.
- “Class-on-a-blog” to help adults learn more about their kids’ digital world — Discover Your Child’s Digital World — concentrating on describing the tools, sites, and apps that teens and tweens love to use, spring and summer 2013 and continuing into the 2013-14 academic year.
- DigiParenting Wiki — Websites, articles, presentations, blogs and other resources to help schools address 21st Century parents learn and understand more about the lives of their digital kids. Originally prepared for a workshop at the 2013 National Association of Independent Schools conference.
- Family Online Safety Institute 2013 Conference Blog Posts, November 6-7. 2013
- Instagram, Social Media, Kids and Digital Footprints – Presented on January 30, 2013, to the Parents’ Wellness Committee, Bryn Maw School.
- ISTE Conference – Philadelphia, June 2011 – I wrote blog post throughout this weeklong international conference.
- Independent School magazine published my article telling the story of how in 1961, teachers, students, and parents at my school responded to Massive Resistance, a period of Virginia history when Prince Edward County closed its public schools.
- NAIS 2012 – Informal descriptions about the Seattle conference that I attended in February 2012.
- NAIS 2013 – Workshop presentation: Parents as 21st Century Learners, presented with three independent school colleagues. Check out the slides from our presentation.
- Renee Hawkins- Garrison Forest School – Read Renee’s blog post about our Google Hangout presentation planning sessions.
- Larry Kahn – Kinkaid School (now at Iolani School)
- Vinnie Vrotny – Quest Academy (now at Kinkaid School)
- NAIS 2013 – My blog posts with descriptions of my activities
- Parent Digital Training and Support – Workshops and Presentations
- Personal Learning Practice (PLP) – I completed a year-long PLP professional development project as a member of the Georgetown Day School team.