When it comes to her iPhone, few learning difficulties have popped up for my mom, age 84. I am delighted at the ease with which she has transferred from her old flip phone to this one — a 3G that I retired when I updated my iPhone.
How Mom is Using her iPhone
- Her first lesson focused on typing in her contacts, and she caught on right away and also understands how to make a call using the contacts app.
- The visual cues on the iPhone screen are terrific.
- She loves being able to sit in a comfortable chair and play solitaire — no lessons required for this!
- She enjoys using the speaker feature rather than holding the phone up to her ear.
- She likes to use Safari anytime and anywhere when she wants to look something up, though like me, she is sometimes frustrated when the phone is slower because there is no wi-fi.
- She is starting to use the map app.